Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Old versus New

Recently I had purchased a newer model of a outter I have used over the last six years. My old Aviar Driver (a putter with the word driver in it yes) is worn in to say the least. Still in working condition, but I decided let's give the new one a shot. While I have not played them against each other yet I have noticed many things have not changed between the two models. The newer model is the same size and shape. I managed to get it in a heavier weight which I like, but the stability is the same (or at least the same compared to when the older version was new.) The speed flight pattern and fade are all the same. The newer model does not tend to turn as much which I tend to like for I do like using these putters as drivers. In fact my first hole in one was with the original putter. The hole was only 215 feet, however the disc works very well as a short range driver. Both models could be used for every function of the game. The new model is the new G star plastic. This makes the disc gummier and more flexible. Better for grip and holding onto chains when entering the basket. I do not like driving with gummier plastics but the feel is still something I am getting used too. Overall I have my old best friend in a new model and I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment